The Wales National Finalists of the Money for Life Challenge have today been announced, and all will take part in a prestigious National Final to be held at The Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama on Tuesday 08 April 2014.
The following five teams have secured a place as Finalists at the National Final, and will compete for the title of Wales National Finals Winners:
- ARiAN (Apprentice Resources in a Nutshell), Acorn Learning Solutions
- Cadwyn Money Smart, Cadwyn Housing Association
- Fashion on a Budget, East Cardiff, Llanedeyrn and Pentwyn (ECLP) Communities First
- Money Monkeys, ITEC Cardiff
- V21 Financial Independence Team, Vision 21 Cyfle Cymru
The team crowned Wales National Final Winners will go on to compete at the UK Grand Final, which this year is being held at the O2 Arena, on Thursday 15 May. In addition to the prestige of representing Wales, the winning team will receive a donation of £1000 to a charity of their choice, as well as a £50 shopping voucher for each team member.
All the teams above will be presenting their projects to a panel of expert Judges, and the invited audience, before the Judges make their deliberations and decision. This year, the Judging panel is made up of esteemed members which includes, Lee Phillips, Wales Manager for the Money Advice Service and Martin Berisford England National Finals Winners from last year’s Challenge, to name but a few.
In addition to the Finalists, the following teams have been identified as runners up, and have the opportunity to compete for the title of the People’s Prize Winner, along with the Finalists:
- Bejewelled Glitz, Randomz – The Cwmbran Centre for Young People
- Broke but Beautiful, Bridgend College
- Byte Back on a Budget, Bridgend College
- Educating Others, Coleg Cambria
- Engage 2 Change (E2C), Monmouthshire County Council
- The £ Factor, Bridgend College
The team that wins this coveted prize, as it is chosen by the other teams taking part, can also find themselves heading to the UK Grand Final, to compete for the title of UK People’s Prize Winner.
The Money for Life Challenge is a national competition which provides small grants for 16 to 24 year olds to run a project to improve money management skills in their community. For further information please contact Jeff Protheroe firstname.lastname@example.org