Recruit an Apprentice
Make a Genius Decision and recruit an apprentice
Apprenticeships are a genius decision that can:
- Enable cost-effective recruitment – you cover the apprentice’s wage and we cover the cost of training
- Create a pool of talent – with a skilled, qualified workforce
- Fill skills gaps – to meet demands now and in the future
- Help your business grow –whether you choose to recruit, retrain or redeploy your workforce
Recruiting an apprentice couldn’t be easier. Working together with one of our approved Training Providers you will be responsible for providing and planning the training schedule for the apprentice, be that in Welsh or English, allowing a tailor made, business specific, approach. Your Training Provider will manage the qualification, assessment and programme processes.
What are the costs?
There are two costs associated with an apprenticeship – the apprentice’s wage and the cost of training. You have to pay the first cost. You don’t pay the second.
The Welsh Government cover most of the training costs and work with external training providers to manage, deliver and assess all apprenticeships. Support is available for businesses in Wales irrespective of size or sector.
Apprenticeship routes and levels
- Foundation Apprenticeship – Level 2 – NVQ Level 2 and equivalent to 5 good GCSE passes
- Apprenticeship – Level 3 – NVQ Level 3 equivalent to 2 A-level passes
- Degree Apprenticeship – Level 6
- Full bachelor’s degree. Routes are currently offered in ICT/ Digital and Engineering / Advanced Manufacturing.
- Degree Apprenticeships currently available are listed here
To find out how your business can benefit from taking on an apprentice or upskilling your current workforce
Register your interest here
Or call 03301 228338 | email: email@example.com
Video – youtu.be/fsuUw9tkc3U
If you are a learner thinking of doing an apprenticeship or a parent/carer wanting more information please go to www.gov.wales/apprenticeshipswales