Digital Literacy – Information Literacy
Date: To be confirmed – September 2017
Time: 10.0am – 4.0pm
Venue: Ocean Park House, East Tyndall Street, Cardiff, CF24 5ET
The National Training Federation for Wales (NTfW) will be organising the fifth and final in this series of Digital Literacy events.
The day will be a mixture of input, practical sessions and time for review and evaluation. There will also be the opportunity to obtain Agored Cymru ESfWL Level 2 Digital Information Literacy accreditation.
NTfW Members £78.00 and non-members £178.00, this will include
refreshments and lunch.
Agored Cymru ESfWL Level 2 Digital Information Literacy
The cost of the accreditation is being met by Welsh Government as part of the Quality Improvement Plan.
The course is aimed at tutors, trainers and assessors who want to introduce Digital Literacy into their delivery. Participants may also have responsibility for delivering the Essential Digital Literacy Skills (EDLS) qualifications at Entry 3 and Level 1.
Jo Kelso will be leading the day and she will be focusing on:
- An overview of Essential Digital Literacy Skills (EDLS)
- What is meant by Digital Information Literacy – Why and how digital Tools and Techniques could be used to enhance personal and professional practices in undertaking research, storing research for retrieval and future use and using research findings effectively.
- An overview of Digital Information Literacy in the EDLS summative assessments
There will also be interactive workshops to develop an understanding of Digital Information Literacy to enhance delivery and facilitation which will include:
- Completing a research and refinement task relating to Digital Information Literacy
- Understanding Search Engine Optimisation and advanced searching
- Developing social bookmarking skills
Participants will have the opportunity to be actively engaged with digital tools, to work collaboratively and to engage in purposeful professional dialogue.
By the end of the day you will have had the opportunity to:
- Explore digital literacy as defined in Essential Skills Wales suite of qualifications
- Engage in activities that can be adapted for delivery
- Explore and engage with digital Tools, Technologies and Techniques to enhance learning
- Investigate potential for professional gains using digital literacy within work-based learningL
Every delegate will need to bring a wifi enabled device with them. Please ensure that there are minimal restrictions imposed by your IT departments on these devices as you will need to access a range of different websites/services on the day, this may include downloading apps etc. The preference would be a laptop otherwise tablet or smartphone please.
LearnOn’s philosophy is simple – uncompromising commitment to excellence. We achieve this by being honest and open as we know how precious any investment in training is to all involved. We ensure that we stay current in order to be credible and subscribe to a regime of continuous improvement so we can provide the very best experience at our events.
Jo Kelso has worked on a consultancy basis for Welsh Government to design, refine and introduce the new Essential Skills Wales suite following review. Jo led the trialling of Essential Employability Skills across FE, Work Based Learning, Adult Community Learning and Pre-16 alternative education and contributed to the content of the Application of Number, Communication and Digital Literacy Skills.
Jo advised Welsh Government on the user experience and management information integration for the pan-Wales Essential Skills Toolkit (WEST) during its design and implementation stages and has led training across the post-16 workforce including design and delivery of Essential Skills for Practitioners awards.
Jo has extensive experience in senior Leadership and Management with particular interest in curriculum design and delivery.
See more at: learnon.co.uk
Accommodation: If you are looking for accommodation the following hotel is within walking distance to the venue, to get the best room rate please visit their website www.premierinn.com
Premier Inn Cardiff City South Hotel
East Moors Industrial Estate, Keen Road, Cardiff, CF24 5JT
Telephone: 0871 527 8198
Please contact email@example.com for more information.