Quality – Head of Work-based Learning Quality
The Head of Work-based Learning (WBL) Quality role was established in May 2016 with responsibility for leading and coordinating quality improvement across the WBL sector in Wales. This is a two year, fixed term project, supported by the Welsh Government through the European Social Fund.
The project will provide support and challenge for the provider network to encourage excellence across the WBL sector. The role will have responsibility for:
- Working with the provider network to evaluate the quality of provision, identifying best practice as well as areas for development.
- Facilitating collaborative activities to support quality improvement across the network.
- Coordinating peer assessment arrangements across the WBL sector.
- Undertaking research to identify and disseminate best practice in the delivery of WBL across the UK and beyond.
- Planning and organising workshops, conferences and CPD activities for the WBL practitioner workforce.
- Undertaking an initial evaluation of the opportunities and challenges to achieving excellence across the WBL provider network and provide recommendations for quality improvement initiatives.
- Developing a planned programme of work to support and challenge the WBL sector throughout the lifetime of the project and beyond.
- Coordinating the Quality Managers’ Network in collaboration with Welsh Government.
- Representing the WBL network with key stakeholders including Estyn, Qualifications Wales and the Education Workforce Council.
- Exploring opportunities for developing further projects to identify and disseminate best practice in WBL delivery.
- Undertaking research into the WBL practitioner workforce to develop a workforce development plan.
For further information, please contact Kelly Edwards
Mobile: 07557 051316
Office: 029 2049 5861