Awards Categories & Application Forms
We welcome applications for the Awards through the medium of Welsh.
Apprenticeship Awards Cymru 2017 rewards individuals, employers and learning practitioners who have excelled in contributing to the development of the Welsh Government’s Employability and Apprenticeship programmes across Wales.
Funded by the Welsh Government with support from the European Social Fund, the Apprenticeship Awards Cymru is jointly organised by the Welsh Government and the National Training Federation for Wales (NTfW).
These Awards will showcase and celebrate the achievements of those who have exceeded expectations and shown a dynamic approach to training, demonstrated initiative and enterprise, innovation and creativity, and shown an understanding of, and commitment to, the improvement of skills development for the Welsh economy.
The Awards offer individuals and organisations the chance to be recognised and rewarded for their commitment, hard work, achievements and success in the Welsh Government’s Employability and Apprenticeship programmes.
Finalists of the learner categories will each receive 3 VIP tickets for the prestigious Award Ceremony which will be held at the Celtic Manor Resort, Newport on the evening of Friday 20 October 2017. In addition the learner finalists will also receive hotel accommodation (one double occupancy room and breakfast) on the night of the awards.
Finalists of the Employer and Work-based Learning Practitioner categories will each receive 2 VIP tickets, with all winners receiving a specially designed trophy at the Awards.
The Apprenticeship Awards Cymru will recognise the achievement of individuals, employers and learning practitioners across 11 different categories
Employability – Learner
- Traineeships Learner of the Year (Engagement)
- Traineeships Learner of the Year (Level 1)
Apprenticeships – Learner
- Foundation Apprentice of the Year
- Apprentice of the Year
- Higher Apprentice of the Year
Apprenticeships – Employer
- Small Employer of the Year (1-49)
- Medium Employer of the Year (50-249)
- Large Employer of the Year (250-4999)
- Macro Employer of the Year (5000+)
Work-based Learning Practitioner
- Work-based Learning Assessor of the Year
- Work-based Learning Tutor of the Year
In addition to the awards categories above, the Judges reserve the right to award a Judges’ Special Recognition Award with the aim of recognising excellence in any area of Employability and Apprenticeship Programme delivery which is not directly covered by the Awards Criteria.
As part of the judging process, all finalists of the Employer and Work-based Learning Practitioner categories will be required to take part in a validation visit between 31 July to 25 August 2017, in order that members of the External Judging Panel can substantiate the evidence submitted as part of the application.
The Awards are free to enter and the closing date for submitting completed applications is at 12 noon British Summer Time (BST) on Friday 23 June 2017.
There are only a few rules that apply to the Apprenticeship Awards Cymru 2017, these are:
- All application forms must be submitted by 12.00noon British Summer Time (BST) on 23 June 2017. Note: The application forms will automatically be taken off line at the above mentioned time and any links that you have previously been sent will also become inactive.
- You only have the option of submitting one application form per applicant; any subsequent applications submitted for the aforesaid applicant will not be accepted.
- Finalists will need to ensure they are available for publicity purposes (photographs, filming and development of case studies) between 11 to 22 September 2017.
- Finalists will need to ensure they are able to attend the evening Awards Ceremony taking place on 20 October 2017 at the Celtic Manor Resort, Newport. In the case of unforeseen circumstances a representative can be sent in the place of the finalist.
- The Judges’ decision is ﬁnal and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
Finalists will be notified by email and telephone, no later than 28 July 2017.
Award categories and application forms
Please click on the following links for more information on each category and to complete the online application form.
Questions for the different categories
Click here to download the questions for the various categories but please note all application forms must be submitted using the online process.
Contact details for more information:
Telephone: 029 2049 5861