Stretching and challenging vocational learners
This event is only available to members of NTfW
Dates and Venues:
5 December 2017 – North Wales Training, St David’s House, Mochdre Business Park, Colwyn Bay LL28 5HB
7 December 2017 – ISA Training, 31 Old Field Road, Bocam Park, Pencoed, Bridgend, CF35 5LJ – Course Full
Time: 10.00am – 4.00pm
£45.00 (which will include refreshments and lunch)
The aim of this workshop is to develop confidence in work-based practitioners in the development of more able work-based learners and to enable them to encourage the development of higher level thinking, skills and behaviours.
The workshop will cover the following:
- The national and economic impact of developing higher level skills in the workplace
- National framework for Higher Level skills development
- Identifying learners with the ability to develop higher level skills and thinking
- Strategies that challenge and develop higher level thinking skills
- Applying higher level thinking skills into work based learning
- Developing a personal action plan for continued professional improvement
Centre for Work Based Learning Manager, Cardiff Metropolitan University
Fiona is the Manager of the Centre for Work Based Learning (CWBL) and has spent the last 25 years within the training and education sector, in that time she has been Head of delivery for a large work based learning provider.
Fiona specialises in all aspects of work based learning which give access to Higher Education, leads on the University’s Higher Apprenticeships agenda and has developed its approach to Recognising Prior Learning, CPD, accreditation and work based programmes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or telephone 029 20495 861.