Equality and Diversity
The purpose of the post is to provide the work-based learning (WBL) provider network with a supportive structure to assist them in increasing the take-up of Apprenticeships by individuals from Black Asian Minority Ethnic communities and disabled people. This will assist in responding to national strategies and provide a level of equality of opportunity to those individuals who would wish to undertake an Apprenticeship.
The role is to assist the WBL provider network in planning their strategies and implementing their action plans to increase opportunities for individuals from ethnic minority communities and disabled people, and to identify and disseminate good practices currently seen within the WBL provider network.
The Strategic Equality and Diversity Lead (SEDL) will work with the WBL Provider network to:
- Increase the number of learners from ethnic minority communities and disabled people to access Apprenticeships;
- Tackle the issue of gender stereotyping;
- Share good practices within the Apprenticeship provider network.
The SEDL will also
- collaborate with other organisations who champion learning for individuals from minority ethnic communities and disabled people, as well as those who work to promote equality for women in the workplace
- identify best practices and strategies which would be of use to the WBL provider network
- play a supportive role in delivering Welsh Government commitments in the Race Equality Action Plan
Work-Based Learning Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy 2020 – 2026
- WBL EDI Stategy
- WBL EDI Strategy Programme
For further information, please contact:
Humie Webbe, Strategic Equality and Diversity Lead
Mobile: 07557 051329