Money for Life
What is Financial Capability?
Being able to manage money, keeping track of finances, planning ahead, making informed decisions about financial products and staying up-to-date about financial matters.
Money for Life is Lloyds Banking Group’s award-winning personal money management programme, targeted at young people and adults in the wider Further Education, work-based learning and community learning sectors.
At a time of economic uncertainty and pressure on household budgets in the UK, it’s more important than ever for people to gain skills to manage their money and make the best choices now, and for their future. Money management is about having the knowledge, skills, confidence and motivation to manage your money well.
Money for Life provides three accredited, fully-funded training qualifications to give teaching staff and community leaders the confidence and knowledge to deliver money management sessions in communities:
- Teach Me: An online bank of resources and a separate course to improve knowledge on a range of topics to enable participants to run money management workshops
- Teach Others: A two day course which enables those who are not qualified teachers – such as community or advice workers – to gain the teaching skills to run money management workshops
- Money Mentors: A two day course that gives college staff and community workers the knowledge and mentoring skills required to give much needed one-to-one money management
For more information or to apply for any of the courses above please click here.
Money for Life Challenge
The Money for Life Challenge is a national competition which provides £500 grants for teams of 16 to 24 year olds to run a project to improve money management skills in their communities. The most inspiring and impactful projects progress to the National Finals and the UK Grand Final, with great prizes on offer.
To find out more about the Money for Life Challenge visit the website.
Money for Life aims to improve the knowledge, confidence and skills of UK communities to help people to manage their money better.
Lloyds Banking Group has invested £8million in the programme from 2010 to 2014.
Through this programme we’re seeking to:
- Raise awareness of the importance of money management and illustrate how good money management can improve wellbeing
- Deliver a sustainable solution by providing training and support to a wide range of community organisations to enable them to embed financial education into their services
- Empower communities to help themselves by providing the tools for organisations and individuals to address local money management issues
- Utilise the skills and experience of Lloyds Banking Group employee volunteers to support the programme
Get in touch for more information on the Money for Life programme.